When your roof is in need of repair or replacement, you want a professional you can trust. After all, your roof is your home’s first line of defense when it comes to protecting it against extreme weather. A roof is a big investment, and you want to hire someone who knows how to properly care for it.
That’s why you want to hire professional roofing contractors to care for your home! However, with so many roofing companies out there, it can be difficult to know which ones you can trust.
Today, we’re sharing a list of the best Evanston roofing contractors. Whether you need a roof repair or a replacement, these companies offer superior service that you can trust.
When Is It Time to Hire a Roofing Contractor? ????????
Oftentimes, as homeowners, we push off home improvement tasks as long as we can. After all, we have busy lives, and it can be hard to slow down long enough to take care of a big home project.
But regular maintenance is key to keeping your roof functioning properly. If you’re wondering if it is time for you to get a roof repair or replacement, here are some key signs to look out for.
- Blown Off Shingles ????️ – If you’re routinely finding asphalt shingles that have blown off of your roof, it’s time for a roof repair. Without the layer of shingles, your roof is susceptible to water damage.
- Leaks ????- Leaky roof? You may have a bigger problem on your hands. A leaking roof is a sure sign that your roof is in need of attention.
- Water Stains ???? – Have you been seeing water stains appearing on your walls and ceilings? Water might be finding a way through your roof. It’s important to get your roof inspected quickly in order to avoid any further structural damage.
- Algae and Moss Growth ???? – If algae and moss are growing on top of your roof, it may be time for a replacement. Plant growth can indicate that moisture is not draining off of your roof correctly, as these plants thrive in damp environments.
- High Energy Bills ???? – Are your energy bills getting higher for no discernable reason? Your roof could be the culprit. Older roofs may be less effective at insulating your home, which can cause your heating and cooling systems to work overtime.
Top 5 Evanston Roofing Contractors ????
Looking to hire the top roofing contractors in Evanston, IL? Check out our list of the top-rated companies in town.
1) Anchor Point Roofing
If you’re looking to work with the best of the best, you need to call Anchor Point Roofing. Our team is experienced and professional. We have expertise in a wide range of roofing materials, from standard asphalt shingles to commercial flat roofs. Additionally, we offer roof sealing services to protect your commercial buildings from harsh Chicago winters.
2) Hanson Roofing
At Hanson, you can expect to receive excellent service for the entire exterior of your home. They specialize in roof repairs and replacements for your residential home. Additionally, they provide gutter repair and installation services, and custom sheet metal siding.
3) Raymond Roofing Company
Looking to add natural slate tile to your roof? You want a company that is well-trained in that particular material. Raymond Roofing is an expert slate roof installer, as well as offering repairs and installation of asphalt shingles, tile shingles, and more.
4) Deluxe Roofing and Exteriors
Got a leaking roof? Deluxe Roofing and Exteriors are here to help. They offer leak repairs, as well as general roof replacement and repair services. They pride themself on efficient work with honest pricing.
5) AllRoofs Commercial Roofing
Do you have a commercial property in need of a flat roof repair? Call on AllRoofs Commercial Roofing to help you out! We offer a wide range of materials, such as BUR, TPO, spray foam, and asphalt roofing services.
What to Look For in a Roofing Contractor? ????
So, you’re ready to hire a roofing contractor. But perhaps you’re not sure what makes a good contractor and what makes a subpar one. Here are some questions you should ask a contractor before hiring them.
“Are You Licensed and Insured?”
Technically, a general contractor license is not required at the state level, but many cities or counties do require it. In general, a high-quality roofing contractor will have both a license and insurance to help protect your home and themselves legally. Any honest, licensed general contractor will be open and willing to show you their paperwork.
“Are You Experienced With My Type of Roof?”
Different roofing materials require different skill sets and knowledge. It’s important to hire a contractor who is an expert in your particular style of roof. Whether you have a shingle roof, metal roof, or are looking for help with commercial flat roofing, be sure to check with your contractor to make sure they have the knowledge you need.
“Do You Give Free Quotes or Inspections?”
Many contractors are willing to offer you free quotes or roof inspections before beginning work on your home. This can help give you an idea of how much you can expect to pay and the extent of work that needs to be done.
How Much Will It Cost to Hire a Roofing Contractor? ????
While your total project cost will vary depending on the damage to your roof, you can expect to pay between $100-$150 per hour in labor costs.
Questions? Contact Anchor Point Today! ????
Are you ready to start your roof replacement or repair journey but have some questions? Our knowledgeable team at Anchor Point would be happy to help! Contact us today to receive a free quote!